Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
Please read the following guidelines before completing your request.
- Please be sure the Library doesn't have the item before requesting it.
- Complete one form for each item requested.
- A valid email address, all correspondence will be sent to that address.
All Faculty, Staff and Students of the University of Virginia's College at Wise must use their on-campus email address.
The form will not to be processed with any other email address.
- Provide a complete citation without abbreviations on each request. Processing will be delayed for requests with incomplete citations.
- Certain fields are required; without them, the form will be rejected.
- Requests are limited to 5 per week for students, faculty and staff; community users are limited to 2 requests per week.
- Allow at least 2 weeks to receive material.
- Digital documents may be retrieved via the WWW. You will be advised when your request is received if this option is available to you.
- The fine for overdue Interlibrary Loan material is $0.25 per day per item. If borrowed material is lost, you are responsible for the replacement cost of that item.
- You are agreeing to abide by the copyright guidelines below when you submit an ILL request.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specific conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later used, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order, if in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.